E-books, video tutorials and interactive "learning paths" for computer sciences (mainly in English, but also some German titles)
(formerly: Safari Books Online)
- Business Informatics
- Computer Sciences
E-books by various publishers, e.g.:
- Addison-Wesley Professional
- Adobe Press
- Cisco Press
- für Dummies
- IBM Redbooks
- Microsoft Press / Microsoft Press Deutschland
- O'Reilly Media
- O'Reilly Verlag
- Packt Publishing
Videos: Learning Paths, Case Studies
NOT licensed: Live Online Training
Good to know
- The database offers no download option as PDF. You have the possibility to copy sections / single chapters of an e-book.
- Download of complete e-books for offline use is possible with the O'Reilly app (available for iOS and Android, but not for Kindle: Amazon prevents the installation on its E-reader devices).
- By default, only contents in English language are available.
- For access to multilingual content, activate the checkboxes of the respective languages in "Settings / Edit your account preferences" and save by clicking on "Update account preferences"
- Create playlists: You can compile e-books, chapters and video units into individual playlists.Playlists can also be shared across the university or with all O'Reilly users worldwide.
- Highlight text and add notes: Mark some text with the mouse and choose one of the options "Copy", "Highlight" or "Note".
O'Reilly books in the InfoGuide plus
You may find e-books of this database in the library catalogue InfoGuide plus.
Click on the "Full text" button to get redirected to the database. You will then have to authenticate as member of the University of Applied Sciences Augsburg:
Click on "Select your institution" and choose the first line "Not listed? Click here".
Finally authenticate with your IT account.
You will have full text access now.
Download e-books for offline use:
- Select a title from the result list and click on the download arrow next to the book cover.
- You will find all downloads in the app under "Your O'Reilly" / "Downloads". They can be read offline without connection to the internet.