What is EZproxy?
Via EZProxy, members of the University of Applied Sciences Augsburg have remote access to the library's databases and e-books when they're not within the campus net (i.e. from at home).
It's a comfortable alternative to VPN. No additional software is needed - authentication by IT account.
EZProxy works regardless of browser or operation system.
Is access via EZProxy possible with all databases?
You have access to almost all databases licensed by the library via EZProxy.
However it doesn't work with these databases:
- Beck online(access only on campus / via VPN with additional login)
- Financial Times (access only with personal account)
- Juris für Hochschulen (access only on campus because of terms of licence)
- LinkedIn Learning (access only with personal account)
- O´Reilly (Login with e-mail-adress + IT Services Center Account of Augsburg University of Applied Sciences)
How can I log in?
How do I see if the login worked?
The address line of your browser shows whether you are logged in correctly: the actual URL is followed by ezproxy.hs-augsburg.de.
The university logo is also displayed in the header of most databases.
Important: If you leave the database website or manually enter a database e.g. by call up via a bookmark, you leave EZProxy and may have to log in again.
Tip: You can revise existing bookmarks on databases in the library by placing http://ezproxy.hs-augsburg.de:2048/login?url= in front of the original bookmark URL.
If you want full text access and haven't connected to the campus network using EZProxy or VPN, you may be offered to download documents for a fee.Using an EZProxy bookmarklet, you can easily reload the relevant download page and get the document free of charge, if a university license is available.
Do I have to log out afterwards?
Error accessing via EZProxy?
- Try to clear cache data and cookies first, then restart your browser and try again. Changing your browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox instead of Chrome) may also help.
- Your browser's security settings may be too strict: don't block all cookies but make sure to allow cookies by EZProxy.
- Firewalls or proxies of some firm networks block access via EZProxy. In this case, contact the system administrator of your firm.
- If images or navigation elements are not displayed correctly with EZProxy, try and reload the website.
- Access to some databases (beck online, Juris) is not possible via EZProxy for terms of licence.
- If you repeatedly don't get access to a database via EZProxy, please contact us.
What is behind EZProxy?
When you register via EZProxy, a cookie is placed on your computer (valid for 2 hours, after which you have to log in again). Thus, you're authenticated as a member of the University of Applied Sciences Augsburg to OCLC's EZProxy service. Via this service, several database providers grant remote access to the material licensed by our university.
The login via EZProxy is encrypted with https / SSL to make the transfer of your login data as secure as possible.An official certificate is used for encryption.