+49821 5586 2994
- Associate Editor of the Journal of Virtual Exchange
- Editorial board member for The Journal of English for Purposes of International Communication
- Member of the HRRC Working Group on Human Rights Education and Solidarity
- Computer-Assisted Language Learning
- English for Specific Purposes
- Global Englishes
- Intercultural Citizenship
- Intercultural Communication
- Virtual Reality-Assisted Language Learning
- “Global Citizenship Education in VR in foreign language learning VR_GCE” (Stiftung Innovation in der Hochschullehre) 2022
- “Augmented Reality Instructional Design for Language Learning – ARIDLL” (2022-1-NO01-KA220-HED-000088034) Erasmus +
STEAM to the power of 3 –international, interdisciplinary, innovative. (2022). With Karin Bukenberger at Reutlingen University of Applied Sciences; grant awarded by Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft.
Fostering Intercultural Citizenship with Virtual Reality in a World Language Virtual Exchange project. (2021), with Manuela Wagner at University of Connecticut; grant awarded by The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages.
Modelling plurilithic orientations to English in trainee teachers: A comparative international study. (2020). With Hall, C. (PI) and Xian, Y. Grant awarded by the British Association of Applied Linguistics (BAAL) Applying Linguistics Fund.
Practising Presenting and Debating using Interactive Videos and Peer-Teaching in Virtual Reality (VR) (2020). Grant awarded by HUMUS Plus (Hochschuldidaktisch Und Methodisch Unterstützte Selbstinitiierung von Lernprozessen an HAW in Baden-Württemberg).
Junior-Fellowship (2019). Designing and Implementing Innovative Teaching/Learning Formats in Foreign Language Teaching. Grant awarded by Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft.
Evaluation of gamified Foreign Language Tools in Foreign Language Learning. (2018). Grant awarded by HUMUS (Hochschuldidaktisch Und Methodisch Unterstützte Selbstinitiierung von Lernprozessen an HAW in Baden-Württemberg).
The transition from GCSE to A Level Languages in the UK - how can the gap be closed? (2014). Grant awarded by the British Association of Applied Linguistics (BAAL) Applying Linguistics Fund.